Looking for a way to use up those extra farm fresh eggs? Soft, fluffy, and loaded with flavor, this paleo pancake recipe is absolute perfection. I promise – even if you’re a gluten lover, you’ll never know that these pancakes are completely grain free.
Paleo Pancake Recipe
When Ben and I decided to (mostly) eliminate gluten and greatly reduce grains for our diets, we started searching for recipes that would replicate some of our favorite food items. Pancakes were high on our list of recipes that needed to be recreated ASAP, but most of the paleo pancake recipes that we tried were a major fail. If you’ve tried making gluten free and/or grain free pancakes in the past, then you probably already know that they usually wind up bland, dry, and falling apart. Not anymore, friends. Soft, fluffy, and loaded with flavor, this paleo pancake recipe is literal perfection.
(If you’re looking for other paleo cooking ideas, then one of our favorite cookbooks is here.)
Gluten free + grain free pancakes
Between working long hours and managing a homestead, the weekdays are usually pretty crazy around our house. Ben frequently works late, and it can be a bit of a challenge to spend time together as a family- which is exactly the reason I look forward to family time on the weekends. Ben makes a gigantic batch of pancakes and the kids gobble them up. Meanwhile, I have an easy + healthy breakfast option to feed the kids during the following week. And let’s be honest, I’m eating them every chance I can get too. Trust me, this paleo pancake recipe is just THAT GOOD.
These gluten free + grain free pancakes require a good amount of eggs (6-7 to be exact!) If you’re looking for a way to use up those farm fresh eggs, then add this paleo pancake recipe to your weekend rotation STAT. If you’re feeling extra crazy, then double the paleo pancake recipe and store the extra pancakes in the fridge for the week. You’ll thank me later 😉
Paleo Pancake Recipe
- 1-1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6-7 eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free milk *see instructions below – we generally do not use milk, but you can add dairy free milk if batter is too dry*
- Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt) in large mixing bowl
- Combine eggs, avocado oil, and vanilla extract in small mixing bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Add honey or maple syrup after batter is mixed. If batter is too dry, slowly add unsweetened dairy free milk to thin. *We usually don’t add any milk for thick fluffy pancakes.*
- Heat griddle. Add oil or butter to griddle. Flip after approximately 2 minutes, until batter starts to bubble. Cook for another 1.
- Repeat for the remaining batter. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Top with maple syrup.
Looking for some more gluten free recipe ideas? Below are some of our favorites: